Technical Project Manager – Electro- mechanical systems
A brand new and exciting opportunity for an ambitious and commercially astute Technical Project Manager / Product Manager with a background in high-technology engineering to join a Cambridge based R&D organisation. The company is developing high-tech bespoke electro-mechanical systems which are set to revolutionise the Healthcare / Medical / Biotechnology markets, offering excellent salary and benefits package together with a superb and highly stimulating working environment!
As the Technical Project Manager you will have a background in mechanical engineering, electronics, production or product design and expertise in solving complex technical problems, developing new products and processes. You will be working with the product development team to establish specifications and functional descriptions, taking responsibility for the statement of work including design, manufacturing, test and quality control. This is a client facing role so will require commercial awareness and knowledge of medical device regulations in addition to experience of managing multidisciplinary teams to provide both project leadership and man-management.
Requirements of Technical Project Manager:
– A minimum 2.1 BSc/BEng/MEng in Engineering related discipline
– Project management experience in a multi-functional team
– Experience managing R&D / design and development projects, taking a hands-on role in developing complex technical solutions for new products and processes, creative problem-solving skills
– Experience in managing new product development projects within a highly regulated industry
– Ideally having experience in equipment for scientific, biotech or medical equipment
– Strong customer facing skills with ability to communicate on both a technical and commercial level