Technical Director of Science – Biotechnology
A superb career opportunity for an ambitious Senior Scientist (Chemist / Biochemist) to become the Technical Director of Science research & development at a brand new Oxford based microfluidics technology company. The company has recently spun out from a household name technology group in order to commercialise their revolutionary lab-on-a-chip device which is set to transform the life science, healthcare and biotech sectors.
The company have ambitious growth plans and are looking for game changers to join their team and grow with them. This is therefore a superb position for a driven Technical Director, with a background in Chemistry, Biochemistry or Biology, who wants to work in a fast-growing technology company offering exceptional career opportunities, coupled with an attractive financial package, including bonus, benefits and share options.
The primary role of the Technical Director of Science will be to set the strategic direction, implementation and commercialisation of assays and workflows onto the platform. In partnership with the Technical Director of Engineering you will be responsible for leading a management team to deliver all technology development activities & ensure that resources within the company are utilised effectively in support of the business goals.
- Educated to degree (BSc, MChem, or PhD) in a scientific subject, preferably Chemistry, Biochemistry or Biology
- Demonstrable experience working in a technical /scientific management role
- Able to communicate clearly a& concisely with multiple stakeholders and at all levels in the organization including at Board level
- Experience developing & delivering assay and/or workflow products within the life science or medical diagnostics market sectors
- Knowledge of life science and in-vitro diagnostic industry trends, market forces & key players
- Demonstrable history of leading relevant technology transfer activities resulting in successful new product introductions