We are seeking a Technical Buyer for a Cambridge based world leading manufacturer of complex low volume bespoke special purpose scientific equipment, used in industries such as Semiconductor manufacture. This position offers the successful applicant a fulfilling career with excellent training and career development opportunities within a friendly and supportive environment.
The Technical Buyer will work closely with the engineering team on project-based procurement, responsible for the supply chain management of vendors. This role would suit either a proven Technical Buyer with an Engineering background (must be able to read CAD drawings) or an Engineer looking to progress their career into technical buying (must have some exposure to procurement)
The Technical buyer will be responsible for:
- Managing and developing supplier relationships
- Develop and implement effective sourcing strategies across the major technical categories
- Identify and deliver further opportunities to reduce overall supply chain costs
- Ensure quality, service level, price and supply logistics meet commercial and internal customers’ needs
- Work closely with Engineering to ensure material is delivered accurately and on time
- Attend regular project/production meetings and report material status to project team.
Requirements of Technical Buyer:
- HNC / HND / degree level in a technical discipline
- Technical background, able to read CAD diagrams
- Microsoft office capable (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Experience of working with a portfolio of suppliers within an engineering-based purchasing role
- Desirable SAP experience