Software Engineer (Hardware Integration)
A superb career opportunity for a Software Engineer with hardware integration expertise and skills in Python has been created at an exciting Oxford based company developing a ground-breaking renewable energy management system. You will be a key member of the team helping to drive the development of the AI-based cloud services, IoT and edge device platform with a strong focus on security, reliability, and third-party interoperability.
This role requires the hardware integration Software Engineer to have a strong experimental background, able to test and provide software integration for technologies such as PV battery inverters, electric vehicle chargers and heating systems in a laboratory environment. You will have knowledge of IoT devices and communication protocols such as Modbus, CAN Bus, Zigbee.
Hardware Integration Software Engineer Responsibilities
- Testing and software integration of renewable energy control systems, battery inverters, electric vehicle chargers and hot water tanks in a laboratory environment. Automating data acquisition and analysis where necessary
- Participation in product specification, software design and project planning work
- Contributing production code in an agile software environment
- Remotely monitoring device behaviour both in pre-production trials and production environments
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders to communicate requirements, test plans and results
Hardware Integration Software Engineer required skills/experience: