Software Engineer – Applications
We are looking to hire an ambitious and bright Software Engineer who has a passion for product development. You will be recruited as a Software Developer involved in the development of both Develop PC desktop (Windows/Linux) and web based software (C#, JAVA ) across the full product life-cycle of cutting edge technologies. This position is open to Software Engineers / Software Developers who enjoy the challenge of working in multi-disciplined, developing brand new complex web based software solutions for a multitude of technologies which are reshaping industries such as Medical Devices, Consumer Electronics, Automotive, Automation and Robotics. This is not a run of the mill software developer role where you are just redesigning the same old wheel. You will be involved in fast moving projects where you will see new products go from conceptualisation to delivery in quick time. The R&D department is state of the art and houses some of the world’s top development Engineers.
Software Developer Essential Skills
- 1st or a 2.1 degree with significant software engineering content.
- Professional development experience with C#, Java or Web Development Technologies
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- A good mixture of design, implementation and test capabilities.
- Experience in embedded programming will be a benefit. Appreciation of electronics design is a plus but not a requirement.
- User interface design using WPF beneficial
- Good grasp of relational or non-relational databases beneficial
- Linux, Windows API, MFC and .NET framework beneficial
- Working knowledge of UML (Unified Modelling Language) beneficial
- Development of software to IEC 62304:2005 / BS EN 62304:2006 beneficial
- Working knowledge of Microchip PIC/dsPIC and ARM core based microcontrollers beneficial