Software Architect – JAVA – High Techology R&D
A brand new and exciting opportunity for an ambitious Software Architect to join a Cambridge based spin out organisation. The company is developing high-tech/low-volume bespoke scientific equipment which is set to revolutionise the Healthcare/Pharmaceutical/Biotechnology market. With a queue of clients and ‘off-plan’ pre-orders for the systems, this technology and company is set to evolve rapidly. The Software Architect will be a key role within the organisation and will see the successful candidate given the autonomy to shape and frame the architecture of the software and ultimately develop the functionality of the system.
This is a hands-on role. In addition to designing the overall systems architecture, you will lead the development of software from the front for this first of its kind automated scientific instrument. You will be responsible for defining/creating requirements, developing functional and interface specifications and implementing scheduling and automation algorithms. You will also specify operating systems, language, hardware, network and other protocols.
In return you can expect an excellent salary and benefits package together with a superb and highly stimulating working environment.
Requirements of Software Architect – JAVA – High Technology R&D
- Minimum BEng/BSc degree in Computer Science or Engineering discipline or equivalent
- Proven experience working as Software Architect in a JAVA development environment.
- Previous experience working for a high technology product development company, ideally within the Medical Devices / Scientific / Pharmaceutical / Biotechnology market.
- Experience with node.js especially express and socket.io
- Experience with JAVA SE
- Experience with databases
- Experience with DROOLS
- Desirable: Experience with image analysis