Senior Systems Development Engineer -high technology instrumentation
A superb career opportunity for a Systems Development Engineer has been created at a highly successful technology company designing bespoke high-tech instrumentation systems for clients world-wide. This role has two key objectives: firstly, ensuring the development of the complex instrumentation will fully meet the individual customers requirement; secondly, continue the evolution of these systems to ensure they remain the best of their type available anywhere in the world. The role will involve significant customer contact around the approval process for each system which may require occasional international travel.
Requirements of Senior Systems Development Engineer
The position will be filled by a senior engineer with broad experience within a high-tech design or manufacturing business involving incorporating new products into real world situations. Must have the ability to comprehend the complete sequence of design, build, test and customer acceptance and have the drive to ensure the system is delivered on time and to specification.
Typical experience could be in
- A specialist electronics, electro-mechanical or scientific instrument design-and-build company
- Prototyping of complex systems or processes
- Project Manager/Project Engineer for the introduction of highly technical processes
- Degree in science such as Physics, Materials, or Mechanical or Electronics Engineering or some very relevant equivalent experience
- Experience of the production of bespoke, complex, customer specific products.
- Comfortable working in a high-tech business. Able to command the respect of very technical staff
- Good project management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to communicate at all levels in the business.
- Exposure to the financial aspects of manufacturing, including costs, margins and cash flow