Senior Mechanical Engineer Mechanical Engineering
A dynamic biotechnology development organisation, are seeking an exceptional Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to work on medical device R&D projects. The vacancy for a Senior Mechanical Engineer would suit candidates with a solid background in the full product mechanical design for medical devices or similar scientific instruments.
- Development of complete mechanical and microfluidics projects for current and future instrument platforms.
- Ownership of the whole mechanical system and subsystems used for sample preparation and analysis of biological materials incorporating microfluidics, fluidic handling, biochemistry, thermal sensing and control, electronics, optics and mechanical functional modules.
- Contribute to and lead the platform development from requirement gathering, concept generation, design prototyping, design implementation, fabrication, test and integration.
- Develop test strategies, perform risk analysis, troubleshoot interdisciplinary electromechanical and fluidics systems
- Develop the instrument and the development process through to volume production under relevant regulatory safety standards.
Qualifications, Experience, and Qualities
- Degree (BSc/BEng/MEng/MSc/PhD) in mechanical engineering or biomedical engineering or similar with a minimum of 10 years relevant industry experience
- Experienced in at least three of the following areas: control systems, system integration, mass flow and thermodynamics, microfluidics systems, injection moulding and/or optical systems
- Highly competent in generating CAD based mechanical design drawings
- Proficient with finite element modelling
- Experience with failure analysis and root cause analysis.