Senior Mechanical Design Engineer -Special Purpose Machines
A multi-award winning scientific instrumentation company based in Oxford have a brand new vacancy for a Lead / Senior Mechanical Engineer to join their research and development team and mentor the Mechanical Design Engineering group focusing on developing special purpose machines and process equipment.
- Take a hands-on role in the design process in addition to managing the mechanical design of complex systems and components, including vacuum deposition systems and associated jigs, fixtures and tooling.
- Provide leadership to the team including mentoring and developing junior members.
- Managing the workload for the Mechanical Engineering group
- Conducting design reviews and related activities, ensuring the accuracy of the designs by the team.
- Health and Safety Oversight
- BEng/MEng degree in Mechanical or Design Engineering is preferred although other qualifications (e.g. HNC/HND) considered with significant practical experience
- Extensive experience in a lead mechanical design role developing complex high technology machinery and systems
- Experience in working as part of a multi-disciplinary teams
- Ability to understand scientific concepts and interact with R&D scientists, using this input to deliver well engineered and reliable solutions
- Organisational awareness and commitment, excellent planning skills, flexibility and adaptability
- Working knowledge of Solidworks
- Knowledge of vacuum technologies, automation systems and robotics
- Creating / participating in FMEAs
- Design of Experiment programs and Design Verification Plans
- Wide development experience, with exposure to supplier sourcing, prototyping, design validation, mass production release
- Experience of CE / UL standards would be advantageo