Senior Mechanical Design Engineer -Robotics
We have a superb new opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to join an expanding, and highly professional technology development company based in Cambridgeshire. They are now looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to design innovative complex electro-mechanical products and systems for the benefit of millions of people around the world.
- Mechanical design and implementation based on key product requirements
- Managing and delivering project tasks within agreed time-scales and budget
- Writing complex technical design documentation and test protocols
- Supporting the Manufacturing teams with the build and test of production systems, including DfM, DfA, DfT design input, product risk-analysis and assisting the Supply Chain team with selection key suppliers.
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer Requirements:
- BEng/MEng degree in Mechanical Engineering or Design Engineering is preferred although other qualifications (e.g. HNC/HND) considered with significant practical experience
- Significant design experience of complex electro-mechanical systems using SolidWorks CAD
- Proven ability to optimise lightweight structural design for high reliability and ease of manufacture (DFA/M)
- Analytical skills experience, including failure prediction and tolerance analysis (e.g. FEA, CFD, MATLAB and MATHCAD)
- Practical experience of transfer to manufacture activities for low and high-volume production
- Experience of operating under formal design processes such as IEC 60601
- Ideally, some exposure to the requirements of developing medical/healthcare products under ISO13485
- Ideally, an appreciation of high precision mechatronic systems with fast response characteristics
- A genuine desire to help and support fellow team members to excel at what they do.