Senior Embedded Software Engineer
We need a degree-qualified Embedded Software Engineer with expertise in developing Drivers for ASICs / FPGAs (SoC) and a passion for next generation R&D development. You will be working for a company who encourage growth and development, proactively investing in the development of all their employees. You will design, develop and improve the embedded software for an evolving range of network display ASICs. Wed expect you to be an experienced, passionate and creative Software Engineer / Software Developer with experience of developing embedded software for a variety of System on Chip (SoC) products.
Your experience will demonstrate an ability to write high quality software / firmware code in assembler, C and/or C++ targeted at embedded systems, primarily based on 32 bit processors. You should also have strong skills in prototyping, debugging and hardware bring-up.
Experience & Qualifications of Embedded Software Engineer ASIC / SoC / Driver development
- Degree ( BSc , BEng, MEng etc) in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering or similar
- Experience and good understanding of full development life cycle for embedded software.
- Experienced in specifying and implementing software for System On Chip products (C, C++ and/or assembler)
- Experience/Deep knowledge of register level hardware interface code.
- Experience with embedded 32bit processors (e.g. ARM, ARC, Tensilica, MIPS)
- Experience of either: Video interfacing (e.g. HDMI, DisplayPort), or Communication protocols e.g. USB, Ethernet, Wi-Fi (802.11g/n/ac)
- Experience of analysing and solving both software- and hardware-level faults.
- Recent experience of embedded C++ and Object Oriented Design
- Recent Experience of Agile environment
- Practitioner in Test Driven Development
- Knowledge of VHDL
- Embedded OS
- Digital Audio Systems