Senior Electronics Design Engineer
We have a brand-new vacancy for a talented Senior Electronics Design Engineer to join a fascinating Cambridge based R&D technology company. The business is undergoing rapid growth due to the impact that their market disruptive technology is having on the medical devices / healthcare sector. As the Senior Electronics Design Engineer, you will be an integral member of a multi-disciplinary team working to the highest possible standard. Working closely with the electronics and mechanical design engineers you will create complex circuit boards which have a mixture of power, digital and analogue electronics for electro-mechanical systems.
You will be predominantly involved in the design of tightly integrated power, analogue and high-speed digital circuits with other responsibilities including schematic capture and PCB layout, creating documentation for requirements, design and manufacturing test specifications and debugging issues at PCB and system level.
You will be joining a truly exceptional organisation – their next generation products are already being used to quite literally save peoples lives!
Skills/experience required for the Senior Electronics Design Engineer role:
– A minimum 2.1 BSc/BEng/MEng or maybe a PhD in Electronics Engineering
– A strong background in electronic systems engineering or equivalent experience
– Ability to create new circuits, devices and products from a blank sheet
– Experience of design for manufacture and test, along with familiarity of design to industry standards
– Ability to efficiently review schematics and layouts in compliance with formal change control standards
– Embedded and scripting software (C and Python)
– Experience of managing rapid turnaround prototype manufacture.