Senior Development Engineer / Scientist
We have a fantastic new role for a seriously high-tech Senior Development Engineer / Scientist to join a fast-growing medical devices development company in Cambridge. This role sits within the multi-disciplined development team and will see the successful applicant rapidly developing and prototyping complex systems. You will have a strong Physics or Engineering background with skills covering in mechanical engineering, electronics design, and software engineering. We are looking for a true engineering polymath who enjoys the challenge of developing brand new complex systems.
You will be working in a brand-new, state of the art facility for an employer who puts their staff first -they offer fantastic salary and benefits, training / development, and a clear career path. They also offer employees the chance to take a paid sabbatical after 6 years of service to follow personal interests. This is a truly progressive and rewarding company to work for!
Requirements of Senior Development Engineer
- Applied Physics or broad engineering background (including knowledge of Mechanical, Electronics and Software)
- Wide-ranging technical interests and practical skills
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and drive technical solutions throughout the design process
- Practical experience in experimental design, ideally using statistical and Design of Experiments methodology
- Knowledge of Labview and or Matlab.
- Practical, hands-on experience with electro-mechanical systems
- Experience with high-level programming languages suited to rapid prototyping (such as Python) and database structures beneficial
- Working experience with mechanical CAD systems, ideally SolidWorks beneficial
- Agile development methodologies knowledge beneficial
- Experience of working in a medical device development environment beneficial