Senior Assay Development Scientist – Life Science
The R&D team of a growing life science technology company have a brand new position of Senior Assay Development Scientist at their state-of-the-art facility in Oxford. A key member of the R&D team the Assay Development Scientist will use their background in biochemical assay development to adapt existing commercially available assays to work effectively on the company’s highly advanced microfluidic Lab-on-chip devices. This is an excellent time to join a successful Life Science Technology Company offering a exciting fast past, supportive working environment, excellent personal & career development opportunities and of course a attractive rewards package.
With a background in Biochemistry the Assay Development Scientist be expected to adapt existing commercially available protocols (e.g. nucleic acid amplification techniques) to work effectively on the devices. Duties will stretch too: capturing and defining protocol specifications; designing and testing automated workflows; creating innovative solutions to the challenges encountered; and transferring the results of research to the product development team.
This is an excellent career opportunity to join a well-funded technology spin-out set to revolutionise the life science, healthcare and biotechnology sectors. The company have ambitious growth plans and are looking for game changers to join their team and grow with them.
Assay Development Scientist ( Biochemist / Biochemistry)
- A PhD or equivalent in Biochemistry / immunohistochemistry/ chemistry or relevant industrial experience.
- Experience in the analysis and handling of biomolecules
- Competent user of a wide range of scientific laboratory equipment
- Highly organized with outstanding attention to detail
- Flexible approach and ability to quickly learn and apply new skills & processes
- Outstanding interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills, both written and oral