RF Test Engineer – Space Tech
We are seeking a versatile RF Test Engineer to join the development team of an organisation designing state-of-the-art communications systems for space research. The principal role of the RF Test Engineer/ Electronics Test Engineer will be supporting the testing activities related to RF and antenna characterisation, but may also extend to digital electronics, software and systems level testing. Day to day responsibilities will include the management of the test labs, design and calibration of test rigs and experiments, writing and executing test plans, maintaining and developing test facilities such as RF anechoic chambers.
You will be working within the development team as an RF Test Engineer testing and validating an array of wireless communications products.
This is a perfect opportunity for an experienced RF Engineer or Hardware Test Engineer with a desire to explore the RF component / antenna /space industry. On offer are competitive salary and plenty of company perks and benefits along with a fantastic opportunity for a steady and rewarding career progression!
– HND/HNC or Degree level qualification in relevant subject i.e. Electronic Engineering
– A strong background in hardware/electronic test development and execution
– Experience of design and calibration of RF electronic test rigs
– Ability to design or maintain automated test programs using Python, Labview or Matlab
– Practical experience of building test systems and testing early stage prototypes and final products
– Experience of SMD soldering and repairs
– Familiarity with lifecycle management tools such as Jira or Polarion would be beneficial but not critical