We have a fantastic new role for an Electromechanical Technical Support Engineer / Specialist to join a fast-growing medical devices development company based in Cambridge. In this key role you will be a technical support expert and an integral member of the systems engineering and reliability team. You will undertake troubleshooting, repairing and scheduled maintenance of these highly complex cutting edge electromechanical systems. You will also be responsible for producing supporting documentation such as failure mode analysis reports in order to feed back reliability issues to the design and manufacturing teams.
You will be working in a brand-new, state of the art facility for an employer who puts their staff first -they offer superb salary and benefits, ongoing training and a clear path for personal career development.
Salary: Excellent + superb benefits
- A relevant technical degree and / or experience and excellent practical mechanical and electronics experience
- A can-do hands-on attitude for a variety of tasks
- Proven track record of independently trouble shooting complex electro-mechanical systems
- A mechanical aptitude for performing any mechanical component repair or replacement to exacting standards
- Electronics experience and ability to perform software updates via engineering interfaces
- Practical experience of technical service / technical support within a highly regulated environment such as medical devices, pharmaceuticals, aerospace or similar safety critical field.
- Good organisational skills and the ability to communicate effectively between technical teams
- Good written English and the ability to use Microsoft Office suite tools
- Familiarity with using measurement and test equipment such as bench power supplies, multi-meters, oscilloscopes.