Production Fitter / Assembly Technician
We are looking for a versatile Assembly Technician / Production Fitter to join a high-tech company specialising in instrumentation for the worldwide semiconductor and electronics manufacturing sectors.
You will be responsible for high precision electro-mechanical assembly & testing of complex machines from parts and components to full working models. You also will be involved in commissioning and product development, working in a close collaboration with R&D Engineers
- Ensure all electro-mechanical machine assembly and wiring is completed in accordance with the company’s ISO 9001 based standards.
- Testing and commissioning systems to ensure correct functionality and compliance with standards and safety regulations.
- Reporting faults and inspection failures to the Production Supervisor and Purchasing Department
- Completion of all appropriate test & assembly documentation
- Ensuring machine compliance specification testing is undertaken which ensures product meets required standard
- Maintaining detailed technical knowledge of all company products
- Keeping benches and work area clean, tidy and free from health and safety hazards
- BTEC, ONC or HNC mechanical engineering, electronics or production engineering.
Industrial electro-mechanical assembly background with good understanding of precision mechanisms, basic electronics & wiring harnesses.
- Experience in fault finding and testing procedures.
- Good problem solving/analytical skills with ability to prioritise and plan your work
- Ability to work full time with some additional hours (overtime is payable).
- Good team player, well organised, self-starter with good communication skills.
- Apprenticeship in engineering
- Electronics or Semiconductor industry experience
- Familiar with working to ISO9001 standards.