Product Cost Engineer
We have a brand-new vacancy for a Product Cost Engineer with extensive experience in Manufacturing Cost Management systems to join a world leading R&D consultancy. The job location is very flexible – the company have numerous offices around the UK but the nature of the role involves frequent travel so there are further possibilities of being largely home-based.
- Developing and delivering a web-based cloud benchmarking and cost engineering platform across different industries and markets (Europe, Asia & North America)
- Active participation of delivery of cost optimisation projects for external
- Support teardowns, benchmarking activities and bottom-up costing that will form the crux of the comparative cost optimisation platform
- Play a key part in the development of the toolset / product
- Delivery of calculations and subsequent quality assurance responsibilities for calculations & data
- Idea generation through successful co-ordination and running of VAVE Workshops.
- Approval and implementation of innovative cost management ideas
Product Cost Engineer Requirements:
- A degree or an apprenticeship in Electronics engineering
- Work experience in the automotive industry or similar manufacturing company, preferably in an electronic or process engineering capacity
- Relevant experience within one of the following areas: electronics systems, powertrain, chassis, body/exterior and interior would also be advantageous
- Strong and demonstrable product/process engineering knowledge
- Experience in Cost Estimating and use of appropriate tools
- Competence in project management / process analysis / Lean Manufacturing Management / manufacturing technology
- Ability to travel/work away from home.
A second European language would be an added benefit.