Principal Software Systems Engineer
We have a superb opportunity for a very capable and senior Software Engineer. This highly varied and challenging position could equally be described as a Principal Systems Engineer, Principal Software Developer or Systems Architect as it encompasses elements of all these roles. It is a senior role with a growing Cambridge based SoC Electronics company who are developing revolutionary technologies for the displays and Virtual reality market space. This is a company that is really going somewhere and to do so they proactively invest in their employees by encouraging career growth and personal development -not to mention providing them with excellent salary and benefits packages.
This is a key role for the organisation requiring a driven and ambitious Principal Systems / Software Engineer to lead systems engineering, supporting the engineering development teams in analysing and solving technical software problems that span the boundaries between Host Software, ASIC Firmware, hardware design and new standards.
- Design and develop software alone or collaboratively in a multidisciplinary/ agile team.
- Develop software for a range of target hardware (CPU, GPU etc.)
- Practitioner level with OS code for Windows and Linux
- Desirable: knowledge of Video compression codecs
- Desirable: knowledge of communication and interface protocols (Ethernet, USB, PCIe)
- Provide analysis, definition & time estimates of small features or projects and identify alternative solutions.
- Carry out design tasks required to complete development work by developing a solid understanding of the system architecture and proposing changes and improvements where appropriate.
- Regularly report progress on their own and immediately related tasks to the team lead
- Manage multiple objectives in parallel, prioritising appropriately
- Document, present and review technical information
- Mentor more junior members