Physicist / Magnetics Engineer – R&D
This is an exciting career opportunity for a Physicist / Engineer with particular expertise in Magnetics Technology, to develop the next-generation of nanotechnologies / nano-instruments for use in cutting edge scientific research.
A key figure in the R&D team, the Physicist / Engineer will join as Principal Magnet Engineer and will be the in-house expert in areas such as magnetic materials, magnetic field generation and high frequency electro-magnetic circuits. As Principal Engineer they will provide their expert insight to develop new and highly innovative solutions in all areas of magnetic circuit design and control.
This is an exceptional opportunity to be an important member of a growing high tech instrumentation company dedicated to researching & developing new technologies in the fields of quantum technologies, including new magnetic material and device development. The company are an exceptional employer and offer excellent personal & career development opportunities as well as a highly attractive salary package.
Requirements -Principal Physicist / Engineer – Magnetics Technology
- A Scientific Degree (Physics / Electronics / Materials Science etc)
- A strong background in the field of Magnetics including:
- Static & dynamic magnetic field circuit modelling
- Design of magnetic circuits using hard & soft magnetic materials and electromagnets
- A good understanding of NMR/MRO systems and the principles of operation
- Experience of Integrating magnets into NMR/MRI Systems
- Magnetic Shielding
- Excellent communication written and verbal skills