PhD Graduate Biologist – Cell Culture
A brand new and exciting opportunity for a recent PhD graduate Biologist (must have good knowledge of Biology / Cell Culture) to join a Cambridge based spin out organisation. The company is developing cutting edge automated Scientific / Laboratory equipment which is set to revolutionise the market. You will be a key member of the application team responsible for the setting up and demonstrating cell culture and assay protocols to customers using their state-of-the-art automation platform.
The role requires a strong theoretical and practical grounding in biology, previous experience of working in a customer facing role such as applications specialist would be beneficial. You must be happy to travel both within the UK and internationally. In addition, the individual should be comfortable in learning and working with advanced biological laboratory automation equipment. The automation involves liquid handling and processing of labware and consumables, and overall equipment process control.
Responsibilities of PhD Graduate Biologist ( Cell Culture )
- Customer-facing, hands-on role, involving travelling to customer sites internationally.
- Perform biological demonstrations to qualify equipment
- Setting up and demonstrating cell culture and assay protocols
- Supporting with basic setup/tuning of equipment.
- Customer interaction as well as a proactive approach to solving problems, with support from the company R&D team.
- Assisting remotely with customer support or performing optimisation/qualification of equipment at the factory.
Requirements or PhD Graduate Biologist ( Cell Culture )
- PhD in Biological sciences or equivalent discipline
- Experience in performing setting up and demonstrations of cell culture and assay protocols desirable.
- Ideally, experience in process control, automation implementation, teaching automated systems and scripting/programming.