Optical Design Engineer – Lasers Mechanical Engineering
We are looking for an versatile Optical Design Engineer to join a dynamic company focusing on developing Laser and LED systems across a wide range of applications. As the Optical Design Engineer, you will apply your skills in physics and mechanics of optical devices to the development of LED and Laser platforms.
- Development of optical and mechanical concepts and designs for laser module products, tooling and production test equipment (mechanical models and associated drawings, specifications etc.)
- Prototyping, testing and validation of concepts and products, ensuring appropriate documentation of results and build process.
- Adherence to documentation control procedures to satisfy ISO9001 requirements.
- Hands-on practical approach, where appropriate, to the design and test process of products.
- Liaison with customers, suppliers and production teams
- Providing technical support to sales, marketing and production.
- A Degree in Physics, Mechanical Engineering or Optical Engineering
- Experience in design and development of opto-mechanical components
- Experience with 3D CAD packages (preferably Autodesk Inventor)
- Knowledge of standard machining/manufacturing processes
- Ability to work in a practical manner and get involved with the required tasks
Experience in optical modelling concepts for the correct selection of components to achieve required module optical output