Operational Research Scientist
An exciting new energy start-up are looking for an Operational Research Scientist to join their team at their Oxfordshire base. The Operational Research Scientist will use their background in operational research and strong background in applied mathematics / statistics to develop highly optimised energy storage and generation strategies. This is a superb opportunity to secure a key and influential position at a fast growing high technology company where you will contribute to the development of a leading energy management tool.
This exciting start-up have developed a cutting edge smart energy management system that can collate energy usage information from Li-ion batteries / home energy storage and similar devices. The information is then supplied via its cloud system to energy companies to help them stabilise the energy storage grid ensuring a consistent level of power for the consumer, avoiding energy fluctuations and thus allowing the energy companies to operate at optimal efficiency.
The company are looking for a motivated, energetic individual who wants to be a key figure in an exciting technology company. There are excellent career development opportunities available as the business grows and of course the company offer an attractive financial and benefits package.
- A PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics or similar
- 2+ years experience in the power and energy industry, ideally in R&D (Desirable)
- A solid technical understanding of power management systems (Desirable)
- Familiarity with the Energy Markets, distribution network operation and demand response opportunities (Desirable)
- Software capabilities:
- â¢ Writing maintainable code
- Optimisation software (PuLp, CPLEX or Gurobi)
- Coding Languages (Python, R, Julia or Matlab)
- Git Version Control
- Ability to model real-world business problems as mathematical models