Mechanical Engineer – Process and Machine Development
We need Mechanical Design Engineers who want to shape the future of machine and automation engineering through a passion for innovation in special purpose machine design. This unique opportunity will see you working for arguably the best R&D technology consultancy on the planet. You will be working on real-world cutting edge machinery design projects from taking the initial brief through to prototyping and final delivery. The machine design projects you will work on will see you develop an enviable array of cross application and industry sector knowledge. You will be working on a diverse range of assignments, ranging from high speed machinery for manufacturing FMCG consumer goods, complex industrial robotics through to special purpose production and packaging machinery for pharmaceutical applications. Facilities and opportunities for personal career development are excellent. There is plenty of state-of-art equipment, extensive training budgets and the salary/bonus/share packages are extremely competitive.
You will need;
- Solid academic background, at least a BEng/MEng degree in a relevant discipline (Mechanical Engineering, Automation, Mechatronics or equivalent)
- Commercial Machinery design experience at least 2 years. (Ideal background is development of high speed machinery, packaging machinery or composite equipment)
- Strong Mechanical design experience with the ability to see the full design through to prototype and final build.
- Strong knowledge of CAD Packages (eg Pro-E, Solidworks, Solidedge, etc)
- Understanding of materials, rapid prototyping and fabrication processes.
- Knowledge of FEA modelling beneficial
- Knowledge of control systems, servo loops, sensors and motor drives would be very useful.