Mechanical Design Engineer -Technology Products
We are looking for outstanding Mechanical Design Engineer to join an expanding, highly professional, technical R&D consultancy developing new products such as consumer technology products, medical/healthcare devices, and industrial tools & machines such as robotic assembly and automation systems on behalf of well-known clients.
Good degree (BSc, BEng, MEng) in Mechanical Engineering or related subject from a leading university.
- Excellent technical abilities in many of the following areas:
- Concept generation; Mechanism design; Materials selection; Analysis of static, dynamic, fluid or thermodynamic systems; Rapid Prototyping and lab testing;
- Design for high and low volume manufacturing, (DFM, DFA, etc)
- NPI / Launch into manufacture, Manufacturing support, Manufacturing processes, Injection moulding
- Proficient in 3D CAD (SolidWorks preferred)
- Commercial awareness in one of the following environments: technical / design consultancy; technology start-up; new product development department
- Relevant practical experience with some evidence of project leadership with good analytical and creative capabilities
- Strong drive to rapidly absorb and develop further technical, project leadership and sales skills
- Bright, conscientious and creative with an ability to demonstrate a hobby or interest with a technical relevance
This has to be one of the most exciting Mechanical Engineering jobs going! As one of the smaller design consultancies in the Cambridge area, the company really is dynamic and incredibly successful. You will get to work on a variety of projects many of which you will see go into production with a major household name on the box! The company also puts a high degree of emphasis on personal development and offer excellent training and fast-track promotions.