Mechanical Design Engineer
A great opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer ready to take a step up in their career! This highly technical role has been created at an exciting new technology development company in Cambridgeshire. Recently established they have surpassed all expectations their success at developing cutting edge regulated devices in the fields of Drug Delivery, Surgical Devices and Diagnostics Technology has already earned them accolades within the global medical device marketplace. This is a truly exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer (ideally, but NOT essentially, with Medical Device experience) to join a growing business where you can be mentored by industry leaders and develop a rewarding and exciting career.
If you have a good Mechanical Engineering degree (BEng/MEng, or higher degree) and a background in high-tech product development, then design consultancy is a superb career path boredom will never be an issue! You will get a variety of projects to challenge you and the opportunity to work with some of the best Engineers and Scientists in the business.
As the Mechanical Engineer you will be
- Understanding a problem and creating concepts
- Building proof-of-principle test rigs in our laboratory to demonstrate a solution
- Mechanical design
- Prototyping and testing
- Design for manufacture and assembly
- Reporting on work and presenting to clients
- Involvement in taking new opportunities and developing them into business opportunities
- A first or upper second BEng/MEng degree in engineering from a leading university and excellent A-levels including maths
- A higher degree or additional engineering experience would be beneficial
- An enthusiasm for innovation and the tenacity to succeed
- The ambition to grow your career with a rapidly expanding company
- Eligibility to work in the UK