Manufacturing Engineer Manufacturing
We are looking for a Manufacturing / Production Engineer to join a global manufacturer of precision engineered components and a market leader in engineering solutions for fastening applications. As Manufacturing/Production Engineer, you will have technical competence in equipment, processes and troubleshooting.
- Develop and maintain high quality, cost-effective manufacturing processes.
- Investigate process and product variances and implement corrective actions if needed.
- Recommend and implement continuous improvements to surpass quality, cost and throughput goals.
- Research, document and manage purchase, installation and implementation of capital equipment projects.
- Manage the manufacturing launch of new/revised products and processes; training team members and evaluating results.
- Promote Safety & Environmental compliance in processes and procedures.
- Develop technical training material to educate employees.
- Plan and document projects and actions in the Operations Database.
- Represent manufacturing on various cross-functional teams.
This is a highly responsible position. As a Manufacturing/Production Engineer, you will have authority to shut down equipment that is not performing within capabilities and to stop shipment and production of goods which do not comply with standards.
- Degree or HNC/HND in Mechanical Engineering, Production Engineering or at least three years engineering experience in a volume manufacturing environment.
- Proficiency in CAD, PC and office automation software and systems.
- Data analysis using MS Excel
- Writing technical documentation and training
- Continuous improvement skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem solving and prioritization skills.