Manufacturing Director – High Tech Instrumentation
A superb career opportunity for a Manufacturing Director has been created at a highly successful technology company specialising in bespoke high-tech instrumentation systems & custom subcontract manufacturing services for clients world-wide. The Manufacturing Director will be responsible for ensuring that the Manufacturing function fully supports the company’s technical ambitions & growth plans. You will need to demonstrate previous experience of implementation manufacturing & quality strategies, systems, techniques and process into a growing product development technology SME.
This is a superb opportunity for a senior Manufacturing Manager or Production Director to join a dynamic company with a well-established presence in a strong vertical market. The company is highly profitable with excellent growth forecasts & management owned with a committed, driven & happy workforce.
- Degree in science or engineering or some highly relevant equivalent experience
- Experience of managing production of individual, complex, high precision, high value, customer specific products.
- Comfortable working in a high-tech business. Able to command the respect of highly technical staff & fellow directors.
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills & ability to communicate at all levels in the business.
- Practitioner of modern manufacturing techniques & ability to introduce these to the company
- Comfortable with the financial aspects of manufacturing, including costs, margins and cash flow
- Experience of scheduling the production of different products passing through a manufacturing department at the same time. This is not a production line with a single product.
- Experience of the manufacture of precision electro-mechanical & electronics products
- Experience of running a services or sub-contract operation
- Experience of managing suppliers / supply chain and logistics