Lead Software Engineer – Software Architect ( C++ )
We have a brand new position for a Lead Software Engineer / Software Architect / Principal Software Engineer with solid C++ expertise, to join a company working at the forefront of technology & innovation. This is a senior level position which have been created due to the companys continued success and growth. This role is suitable for an exceptional Technical Software Leader / Principal Software Development Engineer with proven experience driving C++ based software development projects in highly regulated sectors, such as medical devices, aerospace or similar safety critical fields. You will have a strong academic background (BSc/BEng/MEng etc) coupled with significant development experience. This is a highly varied role – one part hands-on software developer, one part systems architect, one part account manager and one part program/project manager. As such this is a role that truly offers variety & scope developing technology which will change the landscape in the medical & healthcare industry.
What you can expect: Superb work environment with a first class R&D development facility & opportunities for career development – Excellent Salary & benefits package
- Excellent Degree (2.1 / 1st) in Computer Science, Electronics, Maths or similar technical subject.
- Proven experience driving C++ based Software products in a highly regulated sector, ideally medical devices.
- Team Leadership and/or Project Management experience.
- The ability to work collaboratively as part of a team, through pairing & independently
- Modern C++ & experience with the STL
- CI and automation
- Bare metal and/or linux & real time OS
- Python, C, C#
- Familiarity with object orientation and/or function design patterns
- Familiarity with software development practices & tools, such as agile development, version control, software testing, continuous integration & virtualisation