Lead Software Engineer – C#
We are recruiting for a Lead Software Engineer / Lead Software Developer who has a passion and background in C# and .NET software development for high tech R&D instrumentation, automation, metrology or robotics. You will be joining a dynamic and exciting R&D team based in Southampton who are developing cutting edge scientific instruments which involve technologies and techniques such as optical inspection, 3D capture and visualisation, image processing, object detection and recognition. These products are helping to revolutionise industries such as Biomedical, Aerospace, automotive and optics.
As Lead Software Engineer you will responsible for steering the company’s existing software development team and processes to cope with rapid growth in demand, including:
- Hands-on approach to managing the existing development team through complex, time critical projects.
- Produce high quality software solutions, many of which will interface to, and control, cutting-edge hardware systems.
- Software design and development, primarily in C# and .NET.
- Algorithm development for both data analysis and robotic control.
- Planning for the long-term picture in terms of software product growth and direction.
- Customer liaison including software requirements analysis/costings for new projects
Successful applicant will have the following:
- Strong engineering/mathematical background
- Comprehensive knowledge of the full software life-cycle (in C# and .NET)
- Proven experience managing a small team of highly skilled engineers.
- Experience in 3D visualisation, 3D capture, object detection, i.e. OpenGL or similar beneficial
- Background or interest in robotics, automation, image processing, metrology, or similar beneficial
- Ideally, you will have previously worked on integrated hardware/software solutions in a field such as automation and robotics or metrology industries.