Lead Electronics Engineer – Photonics – Optical
We are seeking a Lead Electronics Engineer who has a strong background in the development of electronic systems and solutions for photonics / opto-electronics / Laser technology, striving for a working environment which will see you be a key contributor to the development of technology which will be making a real difference to peoples lives. You will be joining a Cambridge based world leading technology development company which are making massive technology advancements in areas such as Medical Devices, Biotechnology, Biomedical, Diagnostic Imaging technology, Surgical guidance, automated medical, Biomakers and Biosensors, etc.
In return you will be working for a company which fosters new ideas, encourages personal development and is a true investor in their employees. The work environment is first class, and you will be offered a very competitive salary with area leading benefits and bonus scheme.
The role is also open to candidates who require Visa sponsorship.
Requirements of Lead Electronics Engineer
- BSc grade 2.i or above in Electronics, Photonics, Opto-electronics, Lasers, or closely related.
- Strong skills in analogue and digital circuit design, power electronics and embedded systems.
- Able to design high performance and low noise analogue circuitry for amplification and signal processing of analogue signals.
- Experience working on the development of Optical, Opto-electronics, photonics, laser technology
- Experience of highly sensitive optical detection systems beneficial.
- Solid understanding of optical physics and engineering.
- Experience designing control and monitoring circuitry for diagnostics or instrumentation products defining the interfaces between the analogue and digital / embedded subsystems and defining data acquisition requirements.
- Experience architecting complex products or devices and working with multidisciplinary teams of electronics, mechanical and software engineers.