Laser Test Engineer
A superb career opportunity has arisen for a Laser Engineer / Laser Systems Engineer / Laser Test Engineer to join a leading manufacturer of advanced Laser systems. The company is a leader in their field with superb technologies already in manufacture with further world-class products in development.. You will join the dynamic and supportive development team responsible for the testing and analysis of Laser Systems. The role involves optical assembly, test and characterisation of the systems. You will have a background on laser technology and enjoy the challenges of complex Test Engineering. What you can expect in return is a fantastic work environment within a really supportive company working on cutting edge technology. Salary and package is very competitive.
Responsibilities of Laser Test Engineer
- Carrying out laser testing including power, spectrum, near-field and far field beam profiling, polarization and thermal performance on a variety of mounted and unmounted laser diode bars and chips.
- Development and documentation of operating procedures for high power laser testing stations.
- Development, execution and documentation of calibration procedures for high power laser testing stations.
- Set-up, calibration, testing and troubleshooting of electronic driver circuits, components, instruments and mechanical assemblies.
- Researching, devising and recommending solutions to technical problems
- Analysis of data and presentation of complex results in a consistent and concise reporting format.
Requirements of Laser Test Engineer
- Experience of working as a Test Engineer in a Laser manufacturing / production environment, involved in laser / optical assembly, test and characterisation.
- Degree in physics, optics, photonics and/or lasers ideally a Masters or PhD in laser Physics or similar
- Strong verbal and written communication and documentation skills.