We have a superb new opportunity for an FPGA Engineer or Senior FPGA Design Engineer to join a well-established Cambridge technology company who are growing from strength to strength. You will join an enthusiastic R&D team developing cutting edge ultrasonic / ultrasound technology for scientific and industrial applications. You will work on complex FPGA designs including design and verification of VHDL based solutions, system architecture, support and maintenance of configuration control and CI/CD processes. You will be an integral part of the team producing elegant, realizable concepts before moving on to implementation stage of new and enhanced existing products.
In addition to a highly competitive salary and benefits package, this exciting fast-growing company offer hybrid (remote) working and excellent career development potential with opportunities to develop new skills in addition to enhancing your existing expertise. The company is happy to consider applicants with a broad range of experience for the FPGA Design Engineer role from graduate +2 years through to Senior Engineer with say 5-10+ years experience – salary and duties will be commensurate with experience.
FPGA Design Engineer essential requirements:
– A minimum of Bachelor level degree ( BEng, BSc, MEng) in Electronics Engineering, ideally a 1st or 2.1 – or significant industry experience
– Experience in FPGA design, optimisation and troubleshooting (min 2 years, 5+ years for senior level)
– A broad skillset in digital electronics design including VHDL RTL design, test verification and simulation and development on Linux and Windows based systems
In addition to the essential requirements, it will be highly beneficial if you have any of the following experience/skills:
– Intel/Altera tools and design
– ARM SoC Linux development
– Embedded C/C++
– DSP, HPS
– Broader range of digital and analog electronics design skills (not essential)