Field Sales Engineer – Optics / Photonics
A leading distributor of Optical Instrumentation is looking for a career driven Physicist with a background in Optics/Photonics to join them as a Field Sales Engineer. This is an exceptional role for Physicist / Engineer with a background in Technical Sales or perhaps Applications Engineering etc, to move into a commercially focused role offering exceptional career development opportunities coupled with a highly competitive salary package. This is a field based role covering the UK and Ireland, as such the Field Sales Engineer can be home based but you will need to be in the Cranfield (Bedfordshire) office one day per week and be happy traveling to customers 2/3 days a week.
The company’s range of products include cutting edge Spectrophotometers, Photometers, Lasers and Remote Sensing systems which are used in a wide variety of industrial and scientific applications. The Field Sales Engineer will use their prior experience of scientific instrumentation and light measurement equipment to develop technical sales solutions that meet customers’ often complex requirements.
The job requires a Scientist (Physicist / Engineer etc ) with either existing technical sales experience or perhaps a scientist whose current position involves extensive client engagement and has an interest in moving into a more commercially driven role but still retaining technical input. .
- A scientific degree (eg BSc, MPhys, etc) in Physics, Applied Physics, Electronics or similar
- Familiarity with optics and optically based instruments (eg photonics, lasers, etc).
- Commercial aptitude with the flair and ability to think laterally in a business environment.
- Highly computer literate
- Personable and presentable, with excellent written and verbal English skills.
- UK driving licence and willing to visit customer sites in the UK and Ireland, sometimes at short notice.