Field Commissioning Engineer – PLC Programmer (homebased)
We have a brand new position for a talented Field Commissioning Engineer / Field Service Engineer which a background in supporting capital equipment / special purpose machinery. This position is home based and will require extensive travel, 85% will be within the UK. You will have previous experience in maintenance, support, installation of electro-mechanical machines and you must be comfortable doing PLC / HMI programming (Siemens S7 / Allen Bradley / Ladder / Sigmatek / etc) for retrofits.
Responsibilities of FieldCommissioning Engineer
As a Field Service Engineer you will be part of the support team who are responsible for the following
- Resolve technical problems and answer customers’ queries
- Train customers in the operation and maintenance of equipment
- Recommend the purchase of services or spare parts to customers
- Perform maintenance, prevention and after-sale service when needed.
- Perform Program changes, implement retrofits.
- Provide technical training on equipment use to the customer and its employees
- Produce various daily activity reports.
- College training in instrumentation and automation or in electromechanics, industrial maintenance or electrodynamics
- All combination of professional experiences and training would be an asset
- Good experience in programming ( Siemens S7 / Siemens TIA / SEW frequency drives )
- Experience in programming Sigmatek is a big asset
- Experience with Fanuc Robots, an asset
- Ability to work with electrical, mechanical and pneumatic components, and with PLCs
- Availability to travel mostly UK and Europe
- Team player with flexible attitude
- Driver license Excellent communications skills
Location: Nationwide (home based)