Equipment Support Engineer
We have a brand-new position for a talented Equipment Support Engineer / Process Engineer to join an exciting and expanding high-tech company, based just outside Cambridge. The Equipment Engineer position will see you involved in final build, test, running and installation of highly complex and often ‘one-off’ instrumentation. This will involve working both at the company site near Cambridge and occasionally on customer sites all over the World. Ideally you will have experience in machine build, test and installation through working as an Equipment Support Engineer / Field Service Engineer / Process Engineer or Test & Installation Engineer for a manufacturer of complex special purpose machinery or scientific instruments. Experience working in the Semiconductor market would be a beneficial but not critical. This role will require occasional international travel for equipment installation projects -typically 15% travel for up to two weeks at a time.
In return you can expect an excellent salary and benefits package, superb stimulating working environment and committed company training and development program.
- Engineering degree or HNC/HND in an Electrical / Mechanical discipline or equivalent qualification/experience
- Practical background with direct experience in the following fields: Vacuum & Pneumatic processes, Electrical engineering, Gas installation and safety
- Microsoft Office capable (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of material science would be beneficial
- Experience in a customer facing role is preferred
- Professional registration with a relevant Engineering body encouraged and preferred