We are seeking an Engineering Manager / Project Manager who has experience working in high technology, low volume scientific instrumentation (or similar high-tech applications) to join an exciting and growing Oxford based company who are highly profitable and a management owned company. They are leaders in the designing of bespoke opto-mechanical instrumentation and laser-based manufacturing systems for clients world-wide.
You will be a technical leader with strong project management skills, comfortable working directly with customers. You must have a strong scientific or engineering background in order to understand the fundamental physics of the products and relate effectively to clients and experts within the company.
The Engineering Manager / Project Manager will provide Technical leadership in the manufacture and test of products. Providing technical & product support to the manufacturing cell. Supervise the engineering team. Lead technology transfer from R&D into production and support the development of the technology roadmap.
Requirements of Engineering Manager / Project Manager
- BEng/MEng degree in Physics, Optics, Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, etc
- Experience of the design and production of individual, complex, customer specific hi tech products.
- Proven project leader for high technology projects. Working knowledge of Project Management techniques
- Naturally self-starting with a track record of delivered projects
- Experience of supervising multi-disciplinary technical teams (Physicist, Mechanical Engineer, Electronics, Software, etc)
- Experience of taking products from concept phase through to the successful launch of a complex low volume product
- Advanced knowledge of Lean Manufacturing tools and techniques would be an advantage
- Experience of dealing with product conformity to global regulations either directly or through the use of appropriate 3rd Party Assessors.