Embedded Software Engineer – Biotechnology
A fantastic opportunity for an Embedded Software Engineer has arisen at a leading Cambridge based R&D company who are conjuring up disruptive technology changing the technology landscape in industries such as Life Science, Medical Devices and Biotechnology.
On top of a fantastic salary, benefits package + share scheme you will be working in a purpose-built design centre with some of this country’s leading design engineers. Employees and innovation are at the heart of this business so you can expect a strong personal development programme whilst working on unique and market disruptive products!
The Embedded Software Engineer will be involved in all stages of software and product development including analysis, system architecture, prototype design, implementation and test development.
What are we looking for?
- 1st or upper 2nd class degree from a leading University in a related subject, eg Computer Science, Electronics, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering
- A drive and passion for technology advancement and an unquenchable thirst for finding new ways to solve complex technology problems.
- Experience in developing real-time software for embedded control systems (bare metal and RTOS) in C/C++.
- Experience of interfacing embedded software with peripherals at low level (e.g. SPI, I2C, UART, USB) as well as high level (e.g. Modbus, CAN, TCP/IP).
- Experience developing application software to interface with embedded systems for test automation, user interface or non-real time control using languages such as Python, C# or C++ beneficial
- At least 3-5 years’ experience developing embedded software in a commercial, ideally regulated software development environment.
- Experience working under a quality management system (e.g. ISO13485)
- Experience programming for operating systems such as (Embedded) Linux, QNX, Windows, iOS, Android.