Electronics Design Engineer – Avionics / Defence
We have a fascinating opportunity for an Electronics Design Engineer with avionics experience to join a leading Cambridge based R&D company. The Electronics Engineer will need skills in High Speed Digital (FPGAs, VHDL/Verilog etc) and ideally either embedded software, analogue or RF electronics design. This is a company who are conjuring up some seriously disruptive technology and changing the landscape in the Defence and Aerospace industry sectors.
The Electronics Engineer will be a key member of a high calibre team of Electronics and Firmware Engineers. Working in a purpose built and state-of-the-art facility, you will apply your hardware electronics design skills to a range of fascinating projects covering areas such as commercial avionics, air traffic control systems, electronic warfare, radar and sonar – and occasionally more diverse projects such as advanced data protection.
The Electronics Engineer will be involved in all stages of technology and product development including design specification, analysis, computational modelling, prototype design, laboratory testing, process development and manufacturing.
What are we looking for?
– Must have a 1st or 2.1 degree from a leading University in a related subject, e.g. Electronics Engineering, Computer Science or possibly Applied Physics
– A drive and passion for technology advancement and an unquenchable thirst for finding new ways to solve complex technology problems
– A hands-on attitude. You enjoy taking your theories into the lab and putting them to the test using rapid prototyping techniques.
– Wide ranging electronics design skills covering one or more of: Digital Design, FPGAs, Analogue / Analog electronics design, Power Electronics, RF, embedded firmware, PCB layouts.
– A good understanding of basic physics