DevOps Engineer – Python Developer
Fantastic DevOps Engineer ( AWS Python ) / Hybrid Python Developer ( with DevOps skills) has arisen at an award-winning Cambridge based technology company. This is a truly exciting time to join and will see you be a key member of the team helping to shape the evolution and growth of the company.
The DevOps engineer will support ongoing project and greenfield development work. Use modern technologies and workflows to develop Machine-Learning-as-a-Service products analysing large volumes of chemical and biological data.
We are looking for someone with strong Python development skills and a passion for Development Operations to support existing DevOps work and product growth. Compared with traditional Operations roles, you will spend a large amount of time developing, testing and deploying Python server applications.
The role will suit a Python developer looking to move into DevOps or an experienced DevOps engineer looking to use their strong coding skills.
Requirements of DevOps Engineer / Python Developer
- Strong Python programming and packaging experience, including: setuptools/buildtools, behave, pytest, flask, WSGI servers, flake8, NumPy, Pandas and SciPy
- Deep understanding of docker build and distribution strategies
- Experience developing Kubernetes applications with deployment via Helm charts
- Experience developing Infrastructure as Code with Terraform and Ansible
- Understanding of AWS resources, including: Control Tower, EKS, EC2, ALB/ACM, S3, IAM, VPC and Security Groups
- Development of pipelines as code using Jenkins and essential GitOps
- Strong Git skills, including understanding Gitflow and PR based peer-review workflows
- Previous experience with automated integration testing in CI/CD pipelines using Gerkin/Cucumber/Behave
- Advanced Linux server maintenance and debugging skills
- Firm understanding of Network engineering