This is not a standard run of mill DevOps Engineer role! You will be working for one of Cambridge’s hottest technology companies who are currently going through a period of rapid growth and expansion due to the success of their market disruptive technology. The DevOps Engineer role is an important hire for the business and will see the successful applicant have an influential and exciting position; being responsible for a wide range of systems administration, DevOps and IT Functions across the company.
This will include supporting and developing automated build & test systems, assisting in system architecture design as well as deploying and looking after IT systems and services. You will be offered a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant opportunities to develop your career and skills in this successful and growing company. You certainly won’t get bored! You will be working for a company who, through their technology, make a difference to the health of all of us!
*Must have strong programming scripting skills: – E.g. Python, BASH, C++, C, SQL, etc.*
Requirements for DevOps Engineer
- Degree in Computer Science, Maths or equivalent degree, with significant industry experience.
- Strong programming and scripting skills are essential, with an emphasis on Python, BASH, C++, C, SQL.
- Familiarity with multiple platforms and operating systems – Linux and Windows Server; including custom Linux configuration
- Experience managing, supporting, and using CI/CT systems (preferably TeamCity)
- Familiarity with MS-SQL server, and associated schema design; Jira / Confluence would be advantageous
- Practical knowledge of Cloud deployment (e.g. AWS), and maintenance of physical servers