Control Software Engineer – Beckhoff
A brand new and exciting opportunity for a Control Software Engineer (must have good knowledge of Beckhoff and TwinCat3) to join a Cambridge based spin out organisation. The company is developing high-tech/low-volume bespoke scientific equipment which is set to revolutionise the Healthcare/Pharmaceutical/Biotechnology market. The company is doing extremely well and this technology and company is set to evolve rapidly. The Control Software Engineer will be an integral member of development team focused on developing control software modules (Beckhoff PLC-based) for bespoke scientific equipment. You will be responsible for providing coding documentation, developing code and testing modules. You will also be involved in the integration of the software and hardware systems in a dynamic R & D environment.
In return you can expect an excellent salary and benefits package together with a superb and highly stimulating working environment.
Requirements of Controls Software Engineer Beckhoff
- Good documented experience of PLC Development for multiple systems.
- HND/HNC or equivalent degree in electrical or software engineering
- Beckhoff PLC Development in TwinCat 3 (Beckhoff Motion control motor controllers)
- Hands-on experience with hardware integration and tuning
- Experience of interfacing with Modbus, IO-Link, RS232/485, TwinSAFE and Ethercat devices (amongst others)
- Experience of automation controls and sequencing
- Experience of implementing controls meeting safety regulations
- Desirable use of GIT for source control
Job Location: Cambridgeshire (Commutable from: Cambridge, Bedford, Huntingdon, St Neots, Peterborough, , etc)