Contract Project Manager Special Purpose Machinery
Contract Project Manager
£350-£500 per day (dep on exp)
We are looking to hire a Project Lead / Project Manager for a high technology company based in Cambridge. This role involves the co-ordination and development of the companys existing and future products. The Engineering Project Lead / Project Manager will be expected to deliver new Automation prototypes and products in line with the business strategy.
The role requires Engineering technical leadership and the ability to coordinate and plan for successful delivery of projects and products. The ideal candidate will have some experience delivering some of the following: Automation, Biotechnology, Scientific Instrumentation, Special purpose machinery etc.
Responsibilities of Project Manager:
- Coordination of engineering activities for new product development
- Provide technical co-ordination, with a hands on approach, to deliver the key technical objectives in line with the business strategy.
- Ensure designs meet all relevant standards and that drawings and models for the projects are suitable for manufacturing.
- Engineering degree in an Electrical / Mechanical discipline or equivalent qualification/experience
- Project Management qualification e.g. Prince2, APM etc.
- High Technology Project Lead / Project Management experience
- Proven track record of project management and delivery to tight timescales and budgets
- Experience in Biotechnology, automation, scientific instrumentation
- Experience in working with ISO9001 processes
- Microsoft office capable (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)