Contract Project Manager Aerospace
Contract Project Manager x 2
Initial 3 month contract
£40-£45 per hour
We are recruiting for 2 x Contract Project Managers to join a global leader in the research and development of high technology instrumentation for the Space industry based near Oxford. Contract length is an initial 3 months. You will project manage spacecraft equipment through the full life-cycle from bid generation through detailed planning, design, analysis, manufacture, assembly and test.
As a Project Manager (Space industry) you will be responsible for
- The delivery of multiple projects with individual values between £50k to £2m+.
- Primary point of contact for customers including European Space Agency, SSTL, Airbus DS and Thales Alenia Space
- Preparing inputs for proposals
- Financial planning, managing and reporting
- Work package and task management following project-management best-practice philosophies centred on the APMP qualification or PRINCE2 methodology
- Motivate, supervise and facilitate multi-disciplined teams
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the business
- Reporting to the Delivery Manager and the wider business
Project Manager (Space Industry) Essential Skills and Experience:
- Strong technical background in mechanical or electrical engineering, (preferably a degree-level or post-graduate level qualification)
- Prince2 or PMP Project management qualification
- Previous experience of leading teams, planning and reporting
- Strong communication skills at all levels with an ability to provide solutions
- Ability to work well under pressure to demanding timescales
- Strong IT skills including MS Office, MS Project
- Enthusiastic, hardworking and professional approach essential.