Contract Mechanical Design Engineer – Medical Devices
We have brand new requirement for Contract Mechanical Design Engineers with good SolidWorks skills to work on the development of medical devices. You will be working as a Contract Mechanical Design Engineer for one of the worldâs leading technology design companies who have been designing and developing innovative cutting edge products for a broad range of industries. This role is focused on the development of Medical Devices / Healthcare products. You will need to be a talented and experienced Mechanical Design Engineer with strong SolidWorks experience and experience of developing Medical Devices / Healthcare products.
You will need
- Significant knowledge of the mechanical design methods, manufacturing processes and materials involved within the full product development lifecycle.
- Very strong Solidworks and general 2D / 3D CAD knowledge
- Design for Manufacture (DFM)
- Design for Assembly (DFA)
- Expertise in the development and design of Medical Devices / Healthcare products.
- Qualified to at least HNC/HND level. (BEng or MEng beneficial)
- A strong team player with attention to detail and initiative.
Location: South Cambridgeshire (commutable from Bedford, North London, Cambridge, Stevenage, Harlow and Bury St Edmunds)
Rate: Â£35 – Â£45 per hour – initial 3 month contract assignment with high probability of extension. Experienced Contractors and âfirst timeâ contractors welcome âif you havenât worked on a contract / temp basis previously we can assist with getting you set up in this highly lucrative way of working.
If you feel this is the position for you, or for more details, please phone Adam Mayne at Vector Recruitment or drop him an email with your CV attached.