C++ Software Engineer
A cutting-edge laser system company are looking for a talented Software Engineer with C++ software and.NET development experience to join their growing R&D team in Oxfordshire. This is an opportunity to be a part of a small but growing software team. You will be involved in the full product life-cycle software development for the company’s bespoke automated laser systems, this will include developing software in C++ for the company’s existing portfolio of products and for their new bespoke laser systems and applications. This is a rewarding position offering the Software Engineer a high tech-career in R&D, in a supportive environment offering excellent career development and of course a excellent renumeration package.
- Developing Windows applications
- Enhancing our systems with well thought-out User Interfaces.
- Interfacing with lasers, stages, cameras etc, using various means. E.g. via manufacturers SDKs, or serial communications over USB.
- Developing and maintaining data storage solutions which provide traceability suitable for QC applications.
- Maintaining backwards compatibility with older hardware, and ensuring that measurements are consistent over different versions of the software.
- Strengthening software architecture to allow flexibility and support of multiple lasers/ other hardware.
- Good degree or MSc in Computer Science or other Science/Technology subject or similar qualification
- Some relevant industry experience preferred
- Knowledge of C++ and .Net languages (VB .Net)
- Strong mathematical capabilities
- A passion for creating great User Experience
- Experience of any of the following would be advantageous:
- Mathematical modelling
- 3D geometry
- Embedded programming E.g. FPGAs/PIC