Biomedical Engineer – Implantable Devices
A superb opportunity for an experienced Biomedical Engineer / Research Scientist with a background in Electronics Design or Physics to play a role developing new implantable medical device technologies. This is a brand new vacancy for a Masters or PhD qualified Electronics Engineer / Physicist / Medical Scientist at a highly regarded, Cambridge based, product development company. As the Biomedical Engineer you will be involved in serious hands-on research that is breaking technology boundaries in medical science, including neuromodulation / neurostimulation devices, which monitor and record neural activity then deliver therapies to the nervous system.
As a key member of an international, multi-disciplinary product development team, the Biomedical Engineer will:
– Apply hands-on physical science and engineering knowledge combined with life science insights, to develop viable technologies for implantable electronics components such as custom neurostimulation lead geometries.
– Design experimental apparatus and conduct proof-of-principle experiments
– Develop and build prototypes involving elements of electronics, optics, mechanics, materials sciences.
– Identify and research other blue-sky technologies for possible commercial exploitation
– Present results and findings to colleagues, management and clients.
To be considered for this Biomedical Science / Electronics Engineering role you require the following:
– A Masters (MPhys/MSci/MEng) 2.1 or above and /or a Doctorate PhD, EngD, DPhil in Physics, Electronics Engineering, Biomedical Engineering or Medical Physics
– Broad knowledge of Physics and Maths from first principals
– Intuitive understanding of how physics affect real world processes and products
– Specific experience in areas such as point-of-care diagnostics or life sciences instrumentation
– A hands on highly practical approach to experimental physics and instrumentation