Automation System Engineer
A brand new and exciting opportunity for a Laboratory Automation Specialist / Controls Engineer / Systems Engineer to join a Cambridge based spin out organisation. The company is developing cutting edge automated Scientific / Laboratory equipment which is set to revolutionise the market. You will be a key member of the team responsible for the system development of an automated Cell Culture Systems, including developing the controls system, automation systems, along with training of other users of the system. Your knowledge and experience will be required to interpret users requirement and implement these onto the system via a hands on approach. Developing and validating protocols and processes. Writing scripts, workflows and testing that the automation delivers the science.
In return you can expect a fantastic working environment in a close-knit team, excellent career development opportunities, training, very competitive salary and benefits package.
- Working with the Software Architect, biologists and the product development team to understand specifications, requirements and developing the control system to
- Interpreting pseudo code provided by Scientists/Biologists and converting into real world processes.
- Selecting and implementing alternative instrumentation required to further develop the system.
- Debugging/fixing of electrical systems, hardware and software in automated systems.
- Carry out hardware and software testing of new developments for automated systems.
meet these requirements.
- Good documented experience of Hardware/ Software integration for multiple systems.
- Experience of hardware integration and bug fixing.
- Beckhoff Control System knowledge – beneficial
- Experience with Embedded systems – beneficial
- Hands on approach to setting up and tuning of hardware and software for automation.